Friday, April 4, 2014

Shelving USRPT

The great experiment with the USRPT methods and philosophies etc. has been put on the shelf.  I had a miserable time at the meet last week.  By miserable, I mean I underperformed.  I swam poorly.   I think I was not in very good shape.  I was also approaching sickness, as I was sick Monday and Tuesday this week. 

I have entered an intensive training period.  I rejoined the YMCA.  Goal is a minimum of 10 workout sessions, make that 12, by April 24.  I started on Tuesday. and I was there yesterday.

Sessions include rowing, pull ups, circuit training on machines, dumb bells, and benching.

Swim training this week is LSD.  Long Slow Distance.  Mindful/mindless.  That is all.

Wednesday 2000 yards

Thursday 2500 yards

Friday 3000 yards
  last 1000 all flip turns
  last 500 7:27

No comments: