Tuesday, January 18, 2011

There Are No Sick Days

Rest days are important. I believe they must be scheduled into a training program, and just as important, your athlete in your body may tell you to take a step away from the program and give in to a healing day of rest and recovery. I am telling myself this because I may have pushed it a bit this past week, beyond the normal expectations of my body.

I have a specific kink in the right lumbar which may be contributing to the numbness in the right foot.

There is a developing issue in my right shoulder that I hope will be remedied. There is pinpoint pain in the deltoid with associated issues traversing to the right clavicle and into the right biceps. I seem to remember a similar pain issue in 2009 which prompted an arthroscopic procedure in Summer 2009. This pain issue has prompted me to take a restful, healing day away from physical training.

I am having some painful joint issues. There is sharp pain in my wrist knobs, and epicondylitis is starting to bother my elbows. I started to swim a flatter breast stroke recently, but that may be contributing to both the back and elbow issues. I have stopped attempting to swim breast stroke, again.

The C2 rowers were very busy yesterday, so I did a pre row swim of short duration.
1000 swim easy
Several aggressive laps of free, watch technique, etc.

30 minutes of variable erging. It took 10 minutes to row the right lumbar loose, did some chatting with Jules(Julian), did some intervals, no set workout.

No comments: