Sunday, February 20, 2011

Test Set

I think that I will have a test set, erg 2K, every week. I will try to keep a consistency to the idea and since I did the test set yesterday, which was a Saturday, that sounds like a good day for doing it. in the past, when I have done similar self tests, either in the pool or on the erg, they have generally have been spontaneous in nature.
The local masters swimming coach has been hinting to me that she wants me to swim on a medley relay, breaststroke. She has some more work to do before getting me to commit to coming out of competitive retirement.
Saturday's erg workout consisted of
10 minute warm up.
2K test set
2:03.
1:58
1:53.
1:58
7:54 Final Time
The last 500m really felt like an effort. Good.
10 minute warm down

The erg session was followed by 20 minutes in the pool.

The Big Swim(Cal/Stanford)men was swam at Spieker at 1300. Came down to the final 400 free relay. Nathan Adrian caught Stanford swimmer at 50 but could not hold on at finish. It was a cold and rainy day, but the fans packed it in.

No comments: