Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Posting Results and Update

I had a really good erg at the GSIRC last weekend at the Sacramento State Aquatic Center. Results are posted here. It is located at the top of Nimbus Dam, which impounds Lake Natomas. It is a rather nice facility and has hosted many rowing competitions, including the 2010 NCAA National Championships.
There was a check in table and I did make weight, and although there was no awards given in the lightweight veterans division, I feel pretty good being a lightweight, ha.

There were 3 boat bays and a loft in the main boathouse. The first bay was basically staging and for officials. The mid bay had about 20 ergometers for warming up(see image). The next bay was set up for viewing on the monitors and a video display of the race. The actual race/competition/heats were in the loft. Everything is computerized, so my ergometer had my name on the screen and I was ready to erg. I was warmed up, but I still got upstairs about 5 minutes later than I should have been. I did get to set the drag to my proper adjustment, which was just under 110, about 108.
I performed like an advanced novice. The championship CRASH-B Sprint standard is 2 kilometers or 2000 meters. It is easy and practical to break the distance into 4 500 meter segments. My advanced novice performance included taking the first 500 at championship qualifying speed, then realizing that I could not hold that effort and backing off to a more realistic speed, as I recall that should have been slowed to a 1:55 500. The wheels then became wobbly in the next 500 as I tried to regain composure for the final 500. I think that I fell behind to a 2:16 for the third 500 which put me at 6 minutes approximately or so. I held form and pace for the final 500 at 1:55 and finished with official 7:54.
QT for this year's CRASH-B Sprints at Boston University on February 20 for my age division as a lightweight is 6:53.
Wow, I have some work ahead of me.

Oh, and I am still swimming too.

I recently replanted strawberries. Sets were on SALE at Harmony so I picked up set of Albion and a set of Quinalt.

There are 3 new apple trees and 3 new blueberry bushes that have taken up residence too.

No comments: