Saturday, February 26, 2011

Shout It Out, I Did 65 Flip Turns

Yes, and there was not much missing. Honestly, I think I will know by tomorrow if there is any negative effect on my back health. I swam the Jon Steiner Memorial Postal 1650 this morning. My time was exactly 1 minute 1 second slower than last years effort. This was more than a timed swim, it was a test. I am testing the level of discomfort in my lumbar region as I have avoided any and all tumble/flip/somersault turns of since May 2010. I had a CAT Scan done soon after I discontinued the somersault/flip turn and it was noted that there may still have been a minor fissure in the fused area. That was enough positive reinforcement to have kept me from the flip turn until today.
I had the opportunity to do a nice long warm up swim, my timer son, Joe, went back to sleep after I talked with him! I am sure you would have done the same thing if you had went to bed just an hour earlier. Party on, Garth. I got out of the water and called him, again, and he walked on to deck at 09:29.41.
It was a cool, crisp morning. The water was at least 82F and it was clear. All in all the conditions were beautiful. I felt really good, I am glad I did wait until this morning.

Last week I did a 2km test on the erg. I said that I should do a 2km test every Saturday. I will try to get to the Y, Sonoma County Family YMCA, today. I do not think there will be a test, maybe a quiz.

No comments: