Sunday, March 13, 2011

Catching Up with SoCal

Started swimming in SoCal on March 1. I arrived in Socal before noon, and I went to Santa Clarita Swim Center, somewhere. It is a fairly newer facility with a 50 meter pool, and a splash pool, I think I saw one.
I joined the Lyon Recreation Center at the University of Southern California on Wednesday. In addition to the McDonald Swim Center, which includes the 50 meter pool and a diving well facility, there is the recreation center. The ergs are garbage. They are dirty, broken and in need of serious maintenance! I only used them 2 or 3 times. But I did swim Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.
I should have at USC on Wednesday too, but I went to Santa Monica Swim Center. There was a JC class in the fitness pool(50 meter) so we all swam in the splash pool, I was fairly unaware of the schedule and the pool closed at 0800 but I swam good. I swam outdoors 8 times in the past 2 weeks, and now I am back at the SCFY in Santa Rosa. All this talk about swimming makes me think about heading there right now. Have a great day.

No comments: