Thursday, April 24, 2014

Peak That: Taper This

You know, it seems that I have completely missed the peak/taper thing for many meets recently.  Not this time though.  I am peaked and in the middle of the taper.  I remember thinking that I missed my peak at both Nationals last year.  I think I missed peaking at the 2013 SPMS champs too, but that is another story.  It is usually two weeks before nationals.  Dumb. 

So, I remember that directly after the PMS champs I vowed to get in shape.  Well, I am here.  I completed 10 Y sessions.  I swam 2 doubles.  I remain injury free.  My left shoulder wants to be injured.  I feel a bit bigger in my shirts too. 

I have been swimming lots of butterfly too. 

Today
Thursday

500 swimming
250 extra swimming

8x50 butterfly
25ez/25strong
no clock

250 swimming

3x
4x25 freestyle
30 second sendoff
2:30

10x
15 meter butterfly 
breakouts

100ez

6x
block starts

4 more swimming days


No comments: