Monday, December 3, 2012

Looking For Focus

It was not apparent at the meet this weekend.  I tried to use all the mental stuff I have been reading about recently.  All that stuff is not new to me, and I think that because my season/year has been so filled with change, there was something lost in the transition.
I have really enjoyed my new adaptation of swimming with a coached workout group.  Buttt, I am now questioning this approach to the coming season.
I feel I missed a taper, again.  There was some physical malfunctioning as two weeks before the meet approached.  Quadriceps injury lead to the right lumbar strain, then the strained shoulder 3 days before the meet.
Excuses?  Statements? Or just observations written/logged?
I had a really good time this season.  I swam well.  I swam under control.  I will need to maintain that control.
I will continue to evaluate my goals and focus in Masters Swimming.
The SPMS Short Course Regional Championships were held at the old Belmont Plaza Olympic Pool.  Thanks to all the volunteers and athletes.  We had a bunch of fun.  
See the on Swim Phone results

No comments: