Thursday, April 19, 2012

Go Time #fulltapermode

Now it feels like it is time to GO! Full taper mode is the stage and I just need to maintain good common sense and stay away from danger. No throwing, running, lifting, tripping, twisting, bending, or performing awkward jerk style movements. Watch food intake. No reason to eat too much, as my physical activity diminishes as the taper process dictates. Can I go for a bike ride? Apparently I can, providing I do not hurt myself. Stay away from crashing. No hard hills or excessively long rides.

Wednesday I swam short course with the group
500 warm up
8x50 drill/swim last on 3 minutes @ 31sec
4x100 IM 5 seconds rest
100 free 1:06
400 warm down
I did
8x25/25, inverted breast kick/breast
100 swim down
1900 yards more or less

As we know, group training has its benefits. It also has its drawbacks. My main problem with group training when it is crunch time is...I have specific needs, or I should say my stroke does. I need uninterrupted sessions where I can look at my deficiencies and work to correct them. I also lose concentration during down time while listening to other people/coaches, talking, chatting, and otherwise losing rhythm and concentration. I spoke with the coach and explained the situation. So on and so forth to

Thursday
Short Course
Self
0634

500 swim, right into it.
100back
100 breast with a normal good effort
100 free
100fly

4x75fly/25free
2x50free/50fly
10x25free sprint, swim back at 20 seconds, on 90 seconds
many low 14s, 1st 5 no breathers
200 swim down

2100 yards, exactly!

No comments: