Friday, April 13, 2012

Total Laziness Towards This Blog

I really need to keep it going. Today is Friday and I think I last entered data on Tuesday.
I crashed into the pool upon a practice start as workout was progressing on Wednesday.
I pulled out of workout. RICE was the order for the rest of the day. Big bag of ice, rest, no physical activity at all for the rest of the day. It worked.
My ailment seems to have been alleviated.

Wednesday
0620

8x100 5-10 seconds rest

4 times through IM order
4x25 drill progression to full stroke on 30 seconds

To the blocks and the scene of the crash, and the early end to the workout.
I think I was not SET, as in my body was not ready to enter the water and I landed on the surface incorrectly. I put unnecessary torque on my lumbar/lower back and strained the right side.

A dryland workout was also on the schedule.

Thursday
Typically a rest day before a big weekend meet. And I did feel much better.
Bike ride over 40 minutes
Light shoulder maintenance with 3/4# dumbbells

Friday
Back in the pool with no residual problem from Wednesday accident.
Lower back stiffness noticable

0615
500 meters warm up on my own
200 meter choice
8x50 meters drill/swim back on 1:10
4x100 build
Then some starts, I did 2 in water starts

To the rec pool, I did some light butterfly
get out and rest

Saturday events
500 freestyle
100 butterfly
50 butterfly
Relays

Sunday events
100 free
50 free
1000 free
Relays

See Swim Phone link for all results and other information

No comments: