Sunday, September 13, 2009

Before And After

I was real grumpy Friday morning. I was going to see the shoulder doctor people in the morning after I got off duty and went to Finley to see how the shoulder was behaving. The clicking was still there, but the rotating pain was minimal. I swam about 1200 yards before I got out and went to the doctor.
Needless to say, they appeased me very well. Ellen the nurse assured me that this is the time, about 7-8 weeks out that patients are grumpy and anxious about the residual pain and clicking. She told me it is normal, and it is still in the healing and readjusting period. The P/A then told me the same thing and offered me basically anything, more time off, light duty, or anything else. She said that if I need any documentation about the work schedule, to ask. They made me feel so much better. I walked out of the office feeling so much better and I am going to start another round of p/t next week.

Friday I went back to Ridgway at 1130 and just swam, I did not count any laps, not clock was involved and it just felt good. I probably swam a total of 3500 yards for the two sessions.

I also went to the Y to do shoulder p/t. I rowed 15 minutes and then did p/t.

Saturday started at the Y with another 15 minute row and then about 25 minutes of shoulder p/t.

I swam at Ridgway with the ad hoc masters workout group. John M. led the workout, keeping to the theme of sprint work on Saturday.

400 warm up, choice
3x100 kick, 2:15
3x100 kick/swim, 2 min
3x100 swim 1:45

4 rounds Medley order
3x(75 free, stroke count12/13, 25 stroke)
50 ez in between
about 2700 yards

No comments: