Friday, September 25, 2009

Weekend Recovery

Three days is 72 hours. That is how long my last tour was, ending on Tuesday morning. I was looking forward to the water and I went to Finley first thing. I just swam. The first swim after a tour is always hard due to the problem that I have with cramping. Over the years I think that I can say that the cramping is an effect of stress and my metabolic system is reacting. It usually takes a day or a workout to eliminate the stress chemicals.
On to the workouts/practicing for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Tuesday, Finley 2 times
0930-Swim 35 minutes
1230-Swim with Jim Perilman
warm up
alternate 50 breaststroke with Jim,
interval varies about 75 sec
elbows very sore
concentrating on bringing pelvic base forward and lunging forward off that base

Wednesday
30 minutes swim
10x50 back descending to 41, on 60/1:30
probably more than ten, just swim baby

Thursday
15 minute swim
15 minute kick on back with fins
30 minutes butterfly swimming
15 minutes speedwork/freestyle/blutterfly
including, 25hard/25return 20/60, 25s
I am on my way to the pool now, I want to swim with the Friday nooners, I will see.

No comments: