Monday, September 21, 2009

Doubling Up For The Weekend

I probably should just give it a rest, but I want to swim. The dreaded Saturday/Sunday/Monday shift/mandatory overtime came upon me this past weekend. I just cannot find a pool that I can swim in on the weekends. The earliest opening swim facility is the Petaluma Swim Center, and it opens at 0700 this season. Both YMCAs are not available either. I think that the Marin Y opens at 0730. So I supplemented my weekend off with two swims on Friday. They were both at the Finley Swim Center.
A note: Terra Linda and Petaluma Swim Centers close for the season on October 17th. I am looking forward to rejoining the Petaluma masters group that works out at the Petaluma High School pool at 0530. They only swim on M/W/F, and I can supplement that with the Marin YMCA.

Friday morning
25 minute aerobic swimming
IMs. I swam several easy 200 IMs, just easy, but not garbage yards. I worked on regaining my form, what I had anyway.
4x25 butterfly, paying attention to my form.

Friday evening
I think I swam 400 yards for a warm up
12x50 free descending
3700 yards total

No comments: