Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Slumping Trapezius, Biceps Tendon Severence

Now what?! Cassandra, the Lifeguard/swim coach, noticed how pronounced my long head of the biceps is gone. She also pointed out to me that I have a slumping Trapezius. I have had point pain and tenderness exactly there for some time. I noticed it during the p/t and I did tell the therapists, several times. They even treated it with manipulation and massage. Excellent. Finley is having a pump changed so there were some swimmers from across town at Ridgway. I just swam until I couldn't take the pain any longer. Competitive butterfly is out of the picture for the time being. I thought I was coming back. I think that I need to change the focus of the blog. I am still in a state of undetermined suspension. I will be back to update this issue, soon.

1 comment:

MastersSwimmersBlog said...

Hmmm... I too am currently out of the pool: I have a torn biceps tendon extending from the biceps anchor. I am currently in PT, hoping like hell to avoid surgery. It was my plan to compete in the 200 IM at the February San Francisco meet... bah humbug. BTW, if you were at the 2009 Walnut Creek SCM swim meet, there's a good probability I have photos of you.

-Tracy B
http://www.MastersSwimmersBlog.com