Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Nice to Hear

I sent a thank you email to the San Diego FD last week expressing my thanks to them for the great job in assisting me to the hospital.  I received a very nice email response from the Chief today.  He is happy to hear from me and accepted my thanks on behalf of his department.  He also is going to forward my email to the crews that responded to my incident. 

I have been fielding several emails of warm wishes and good thoughts from my fellow retirees.  Chief Buscher had Evan Minard forward my emails to them.  Thank you all. 

I emailed the cardiologist, Dr. Leibowitz, about some supervision for my rehabilitation.  He got right back to me this morning.  He is happy to hear that I am rolling along, but reminded me not to push it too much.  He also said that the Kaiser cardiac rehabilitation program does not take into account a highly trained athlete like me.  It is for regular patients.  I am kind of on my own until further notice. 

I emailed the Cleveland Clinic today asking them for suggestions.

I started swimming on Monday.

I continue to walk at least 30 minutes during each session.

I have been to the Y 2 times.
Light dumbbells, light bench.
DOMS

I want to start running on the treadmill at the Y.

No comments: