Sunday, September 15, 2013

STEMI

Acrynoms have special meaning.  As swimmers, we all know RIMO, SDK, and so many more.
Some special groups, especially people known to be close to things cardiac and emergent, know this one well.  To the point, it is the beginning stage of an very specific acute myocardial infarction(MI).  Heart Attack!  Technology and practice by emergency personnel, from the informed citizen, in this case me, introduction into the local Emergency Medical Service(EMS) system, assembling the "team" at the receiving end, in this case the cardiac catheter labratory/operating room team associated with Scripps Memorial Hospital in La Jolla California and all the rest of the scenario page by page from the text book and manuals.  I am writing this now.

Thank you.

I had the wonderful opportunity to personally thank many who personally participated in saving my life.  Thank you all.
Jose, the on scene medic who first asked me a question, thanks buddy, you are a leader.
 
Dr. Cavendish.  Big ups to you and your team.  Seriously, thank you.  The real best feeling ever was that stent opening up and I really could feel my heart getting better.  What a wonderful sensation.  Remember, I asked if the stent was in place, that I could feel relief?  Mumbled something like it.
Why did I keep tickling you?  I remember you slapping my hand away once or twice.  Do all your patients do that? 

Hospital people, nurses, techs, etc.  Thank you very much.  Pretty cool, huh.  I'm kind of an anomoly.

Yes, and thank you past Emergency Medical Technician(EMT) instructors.  I finally saved someone's life with smart, common sense, everyday emergency attention. 
The life I helped save was my own.

More to follow.


















No comments: