Monday, April 14, 2008

Beginnings: Preparing for the Taper

I think I better learn real fast about this blogging. I am looking forward to logging my experiences in this forum and perhaps I will learn a thing or three with the thoughtful comments that may be elicited by the blogging bloggers of cyberspace. Do I need to begin by introducing myself or anything like that? How about my mission statement relating to this blog? That would be easier, I will try to figure out how to post my profile in a minute. I intend to keep a log of my thoughts of and efforts in the swimming pool leading towards the USMS National Meet in Austin soon.
Real quick, like yesterday's 50 free, we had the Pacific Masters Swimming Championships this past weekend at the Delores Bengston Aquatic Center in Pleasanton California. There were over 700 competitors again this year and the weather was absolutely wonderful! Sunny skies, warm tempratures, and just a tiny whisper of a breeze helped make conditions perfect for pr's, bt's, pb's, lifetime bests and masters bests, and really good competition too. I saw tons of people having fun, socializing, and swimming out of their minds. What a great meet. My teammate and friend, John Morales, took possession of the PMS Mens 50-54 400IM record, with an outstanding performance of 4:31.__

No comments: