Monday, April 21, 2008

Monday Morning

I need to keep after this log, I need to be consistent. Sunday was a nice day at Ridgeway, if only because there were a bunch of swimmers enjoying a sunny, blustery morning swim. Circle swimming was being performed in several lanes, about half the lanes were circle swimming. I kept it to a minimum, 500 dps, 500 kick, and 10x50 with flip turn, hard start and turn, and 10x25 breaststroke sprint, working on timing and coordination, with a 25 free swim back, on 1:30. Rest is good. It is important to sprint with perfect form and technique. Therefore a longer interval may be necessary to concentrate on perfect form. 2.5K . Talked with Rob Ground, updated him about my back recovery, updates about work and such.
I went to the Y at around 4PM. I am usually kaput at that hour, especially on Sunday. Golf, nap, baseball, nap, etcetra, but I went for what should be the last dry land weight day of the training period. Good day at the Y, lifted normal dumbbell routine, and I added some extra weight for a power workout. Benched10x180, 5x200, 10x180, with normal warm up and warm down sets.

Monday morning must mean that today is a no swim day.. I do go to PT, physical therapy, this morning. Is thisi the beginning of the taper, I will ask myself? I really don't like to write down planned workouts in advance, so I will just rest today and try to keep my caloric intake to a minimum.

No comments: