Sunday, April 27, 2008

Welcome Home Worlds Champions

The great John Morales and Warren Schenstrom have arrived stateside after sweeping up handfuls of awards at the FINA meet in Perth. Joe Dunn also came home with awards in every event. I need to check the results closely, but I understand that Santa Rosa garnered an astonishing 19 medals total for the meet, including top 5 finishes for john and Warren in the OWS. I went to Ridgeway this morning and the girls were there. They were getting together after workout to make a welcoming sign for John and Warren and I was invited to come over and help make breakfast, which I did. Hillary, Leslie, Becky, Deb, and Hermine were there and I enjoyed every minute of making home fried potatoes, bacon, and Hillary made excellent eggs/w benefits, as she called them. Coffee, berries, and croissants were also consumed, and I saw an empty bottle of Champagne when I did the cleanup as they went to Warren's to welcome them home.
I was kinda tired when I swam. I rode for about 50 minutes before swimming. 500easy free,10x25 breast kick,6x25 free kick, 100 fly, 5x25 fly, from the middle of pool, and 5x25 free,no breath, 100 warmdown and done.

No comments: