Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Taper Tuesday

I am supposed to begin my taper period this morning. I was real tired and sore, like I was at a fire last night. We worked real hard at PT on Monday. Dan had me pulling him around the office with a stretch cord around my waist with 35 lbs. in my backpack. We did a ceiling hook simulation set in addition to a gurney lift simulation set. I am still sore, even after swimming this morning. It was easy. 1000 Free, 250 dolphin on back with fins, 250 kick on side/roll, then 4x100 easy fly, 4x100 fr/fl/fr/fl, 10xfr/fly for 3K. Less tomorrow, and I won't be sore.
I saw the neurosurgeon who is taking care of me, Dr. Alan Hunstock, this morning after swimming. We chatted, we think things are progressing, and I will return to see him on June 3, in 6 weeks. I will continue with physical therapy until then. I will take the necessary time off from PT next week and will continue when I return from Austin.

No comments: