Thursday, April 24, 2008

Thursday Night Blues

What we need here is some life, some spring in our step. Let's get moving, you know what I mean. Swimming was easy this morning, I was a bit sore, and I usually spend about 50% of my normal workout either warming up, drilling, and thinking, but now that I am in the taper of the season, I have been cutting back on the front end stuff, the warm up, the drills, and thoughtful swimming. So this morning I swam 500 warmup, 250 flutter kick, and 10x25 breaststroke kick on the back, directly to 4x fr/fly/fr/fly, then to 2x50 free easy,then ending with 8 2x fr/fly working the fly. 100 warm down, 2K and that was it. Nothing fancy, nothing too fast.

I thought I pulled my shoulder muscle this afternoon in the garden doing nothing. I banged my right shin on a plastic garbage can and bruised it a bit. I only rode the bike to the pool(and back) and then to TJs and back, about a total of 10 miles, a normal day. I really need to be careful for the next couple of days, I really should not do anything stupid, like fall off my bike, or hurt myself gardening. I'll be careful.

No comments: