Sunday, July 29, 2012

Hey Butterfly Swimmer

Swim butterfly.  Swim more butterfly.  I need to swim more butterfly for the next several days.

It was nice to have another day away from the pool.  I took Saturday away, although I did go to the pool.  I spoke with Chad, the coach.  We talked about the upcoming meet, relays and the weather. 

There was a nice group of swimmers this morning.  Working back, I got out at 1000, so I must have started swimming around 0845.

Swim 2500 meters
5x100 back, spongy body, new backstroke
  we need more discussion on this theory of backstroke, I like it
  I think I see some swimmers using the newer relaxed body position.  The neck is relaxed, and the eyes are looking at my feet.  I try to shape my body into a curved, nearly sitting position.  I am looking for a laminar flowing of the water over my shoulders and torso.  I will be scrutinizing the backstrokers and IMers, especially any that swim for Coach McKeever.  Will she need to work with Rachael Bootsma?

I finished swimming in the rec pool.  Diving coach alert this morning...
10x50 butterfly
8 slow
2 faster

Remember what Dana Vollmer just said.  It was something like 'I love to swim butterfly.  The 100 fly is my favorite race'.

Darn spoiler alert earlier today said 100 butterfly world record.  I'll watch it tonight anyway.  I am sure it was Dana, wasn't it?

No comments: