Sunday, July 15, 2012

WOAH, CHECK THE IMAGE

Nice image of some great swimmers that I am proud to know.  I have many fond experiences of swimming on relays with all, except John Morales. John and I may have at one time, but he was always a bit with the younger swimmers.  I swam with Warren and Dave(and Joe Dunn) at Worlds in 2006.  I swam with Don at Nationals in 2009 and we were on the All American 400 yard free relay with Tim Birnie and Martin Rubinger that same year.  I swam with Dan and Bob at both SC(with Lee) and LC(Walt) Nationals in 2012.  Let's go some more again.

Relays were great at Nationals.  3rd in 200 Medley and 4th in 200 free, men 240+.  I know Sarasota beat us in the medley, Keefe Lodwig(68) swam fly and had a lead, like 5-7 yards?  Go to the Meet Mobile app and see the complete results at the USMS website.

The latest USMS newsletter says we got 7th place as a local team.  I wonder why Nebraska  and even MOVY(Missouri Valley) are included in the local team category?  It was originally announced that we dd indeed place 5th in the local team category at the meet.  I shall squawk shortly.

Highlights of the meet were
1.  Cheryl Simmons, awesome 1st place 100 meter breaststroke,
     Ditto for her 2nd and 3rd place swims in 50 and 200 breaststroke swims
2.  I won awards in every event, including the awesome men 240+ relays and an excellent mixed        240+ free relay with Cheryl, Lisa, and Dan Stephenson.
3.  Excellent time and money well spent.  It was a social and athletic event that we, as a team, excelled at doing.  We got along as teammates swimmingly and many did some bonding as well.  It did seem that every one swam well, there were no illnesses, injuries, or other incidents among our group. 

I am back in the training mode as our regional long course meet is next month at Mission Viejo.
The meet should be very competitive.

No comments: