Sunday, October 23, 2011

Swim Meet!

No big deal, but it was kind of fun. I went to the UCLA SCM Masters Swim Meet today. It was a ery good time. It was well organized, UCLA Spieker Aquatic Center/Dirks Pool is a very nice facility. It has a very nice diving complex and the pool is very clean. the locker room is a very nice.
Theere was the swim equipment vendor and a food truck, Don Taco. they serve a Chinese/Mexican fusion type of cuisine. That was it for the chow.

It looked like there were about 150 swimmers entered. Ask an official, but I am fairly accurate. What time is it? I was 10 minutes off, or late at 1230. I was finished my events by 2:30 PM. Not bad, but I did scratch an event. It was necessary to do so, as it was 100 meter SC butterfly.

I did swim a very good 800 meter free. I surprised myself with a 12:05. No counter, but I did find a swimmer to pace with, she was in a middle lane. I like swimming mixed, men and women.

I will post images of the event.

No comments: