Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Fire on the Mountain

Great theme for a blog about swimming.  I took 2 days out of the pool this past week.  I went to Santa Rosa as I volunteered to be a course marshall for the start of Amgen TOC this year.  I was at 4th and D Street.  Cool.
Monday I was at Vista Del Mar and 25th Avenue in San Francisco.  This is just after the official start as the riders were leaving the Presidio.  Know the intersection well.  It was a great assignment.  There were 3 assigned law enforcement officers and an official course marshall as well as myself.   I rode my bike to the assignment from Marina Green check in and then back to the motel.

I was back in the pool for the noon workout.  Whew, I really do not like swimming at that time of day.  If necessary I would get over it and there are about 10-11 swimmers in each lane.  That looks like about 30-40 swimmers.
 Lots of swimmers wait until exactly 1230 to get in.  I was swimming at 1215 in the rec pool.  It was hard.  When I got in the workout pool I was fine.

300swim
200pull
200swim
300pull

750
50ez
=800 13min pace

2x
350
50ez
=630pace

150
50fast
=3 min pace
200warm down

3000 meters long course


No comments: