Saturday, May 5, 2012

Breaststroke, Formally

Today we had a breaststroke clinic.  There were swimmers from San Diego here this morning as they were invited special.  There were at least 40 swimmers this morning.  We trained and were coached in all aspects of the breaststroke.  Wow. 

There was a time during the past two weeks that I traveled to Greensboro NC to swim.
The 2012 USMS Spring Nationals was last weekend.  It was fun. I did well.  I would do it again.

Goals were met.  Especially the one that meant much, the 100 free.  58.13.

Friday April 27
100 Butterfly 1:06.13 first swim of the meet
Very happy with effort. splits 31, 35
50 Breaststroke 33.11
Textile best time.  Only other non aided swim was at Caltech earlier this season
Point irritation at top of shoulder noticed in locker room after day.

Saturday
100 IM 1:10.--
Goggles came off on entry, and I should have been DQed as I one handed tried to adjust my goggles during the butterfly leg.  I then messed with the goggles at the turn and just fizzled..I pulled them down during the backstroke..and now that I cannot see close in, yada yada.
50 Free 26.46
Okay.  Best time, non aided, since the tech suit era.
Very much room for improvement.
200 Free Relay 25.91
Okay, good start, good turn.

Sunday
200 Medly Relay, 50 Butterfly 27.88
Good start, good swim,
50 Butterfly 28.45
Too many breaths.
100 Freestyle 58.13
Good effort, and I do remember thinking that it was my last swim as a 59er going into the final turn,,,I think I did miss the perfect turn, but I kicked so hard off the wall I probably made up for the weak push off.

I swam down Tuesday at Mecklenburg County Aquatic Center in Charlotte NC. 

Back in the water in Pasadena on Thursday, Friday, and this morning.  

No comments: