Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Well On The Way To Omaha

 I received an email from Dr.  G. John Mullen as I was sent a defective dvd and we need to get that issue fixed.  I have been reading the new chapters in the Swim Coaches Bible,Volume 2 since I received it yesterday.  The chapter from Coach McKeever on backstroke is very interesting, as she is describing a new backstroke philosophy/technique.  She is the 2012 USA Olympic Head Coach!  I will listen to her.  I hope what little I learned will help my backstroke.  Are there any other writings, chapters, articles, etc, that she has authored?  Good positive re enforcement  in the chapter titled 'Mastering Swimming".  Is there also a book by the great Olympian, Jim Montgomery, by the same title/  Let me check.  Whoops, can't do that because I am in a motel...!!!  My apartment flooded last week, from the sink in the kitchen at night, I woke to a flooded dining room and kitchen.  Yech, what a mess.  New carpet, underlayment, new kitchen cabinets and counter at sink, probably a new sink.  I am out of a stove for 3 weeks.  I am out of the apartment for at least another week.  This does suck.  I think the grease blockage came from upstairs.  They are large people. Grease eaters.  Eew.  I am really good with my waste, right.  Duh.  I let it solidify, and then throw it in the garbage.  Before that, I would have a grease can, where all bacon grease and frying oil would stay until thrown into the rubbish.

Training is going well.
I ran out of swim towards the end of the yesterdays noon practice.  Tired, and my knee told me to stop.  Point pain on the top of the patella.  Weird.  To balance, point pain on the right clavicle.  Looking ahead to tomorrow, Thursday.  It will be a double dipper, two a day day.

Wednesday
Short course
0623

600mixer

4 times through
4x25 kick, IM order on 35sec(with fins)
50 fly, back, breast(fly), free
200ez

4x50 fly
4 minutes rest in between

200 warm down

Notes:  I swam old fly 3 times, then I remembered what coach said.  4th time was easier and just as quick as first 3.

I just came across a note on complete recovery sprinting in the SCB Vol 2, chpater 16, The Art of Training Sprinters, by Dave Marsh and Bill Pilczuk.  Cool. 

Full weight training session beginning at 9:30 for 1 hour.


No comments: