Saturday, June 30, 2012

CRASH!

That is what happened at 2:30 yesterday afternoon.  I was enjoying my off day from the pool as I am training for the National Masters swim meet this coming week.  Yesterday I went to see Ted, the movie, in Hollywood.  I took my bike on Metro, and after the movie, I started to ride a bit.  Then I went the wrong way.  I started to follow a fire engine to a call and I deviated from being careful while riding and being so close to a major swim meet.  Traffic was starting to move again as I approached Sunset Blvd.  I was riding southbound between parked cars and the right lane.  I then decided to pull around the waiting traffic in the right lane and I hit a pothole.  Estimated speed of 5-8 mph.  I had gloves and helmet on.  I landed between the lanes, using my gloved hands to break my fall.  I hit my chin directly on the titanium insert.  The impact was probably dissipated on the plate.  I belly landed, and my lower body landed on the bike, except my left knee has road rash.  I really scuffed my shirt and have a bit of road rash on my belly.  My left wrist/forearm seems a bit more traumatized this morning. 

I ordered my RoadID yesterday after the mishap.  I got the slim model with 2 extra wristbands.

I felt it this morning.  A bit banged up.  Also felt muddy in the water.  Groggy.  Medication(s). 
500 swim
200 1 arm
100 back
225 fly
100
5x50 breathing patterns
10x25 hard ez
200 warm down

2000  short course yards, or less

No comments: