Friday, August 17, 2012

OUT OF THE POOL, STAY AWAY

Yes indeed the swimming season has taken a few weeks off.  I see a tweet from Anthony Ervin to SprintSalo asking for a workout with a reply that there are no real workouts yet and I think that after the Olympics and all the Championship meets, we all need a rest/break.  I have b4en enjoying the beach, Manhattan Beach, several times this week, twice.  I swam a lap twice both days.  Lifeguard says it is an 800.  Nah, but it is the ocean.  I was very tired in the afternoon.  My body was exhausted.
Today I am going to Oceanside for the World Bodysurfing Championships this weekend.  I am in yellow in heat 5 first thing in the AM Saturday.  Should be fun.  There are 2 rounds Saturday and semifinals and a final on Sunday.
GONNA HAVE SOME FUN
I entered my first ocean open water swim in quite some time.
Corona Del Mar/Don Burns 1 Mile Ocean Swim
Saturday, August 25, 2012

No comments: