Wednesday, August 15, 2012

SPMS Long Course Revisited

Whew, it was a warm one.  It is after all the middle of summer and it is Southern California.  It was nice and hot.  We were blessed with a bit of coolness in the afternoon on both Saturday and Sunday.  I did not swim any events on Friday, but I did do a prescribed pre meet workout.
See results either at the SPMS website or on Swimphone.com

I had some very poor starts in many events.  I asked if I was dq'ed for my wobbly start leading off our 200+ 4x50 mixed free relay.  I think every other relay start was poor to fair, honestly.  It translated down to my individual events, which for the most part were lacking any vigorous reaction to the start signal.  As I recall, all my entries into the water were a bit deep, but with very good power off the block and a good streamline and efficient break out strokes.

All my swims were good, none great.  Very happy with both 100 meter butterfly swims on Sunday.  Also very pleased with 200 free and 50 fly.  I just missed goal of under 3 minutes for the 200 IM.

No comments: