Saturday, June 20, 2009

Easy is the Key

Easy swimming is the key to staying away from pain. Tell Warren that this morning, I am sure he will understand what I mean. i am on my way to the Ridgway swim this Saturday morning. I started to record my shoulder p/t that I am doing on my own until surgery. I was at the Y yesterday to do that. It went well until I cooled off a bit and then tried some 15lb dumbell curls and presses with oncoming pain, so I ended the session. I rowed 15 minutes for the warm up, about 3100m.
I did take a few days out of the pool on Tuesday and Wednesday, but I got back in Thursday morning at Finley and swam easy, easy for about 1500 yards and then I went to the JCC and swam with Charlotte(new nickname-Charmine, get it, lol?) and the JCC Masters group. She told me onte thing about breathing, and when I got to Ridgway Friday, Dave pointed out that the correction looked out of sorts, that I was breathing late, which is how I corrected the problem that Charmine told me about. Huh? No yard totals, although it seemed like about 3500 total on Thursday and 2000 on Friday. I probably will not keep accurate yardage this morning either. Have a nice swim, and I hope to see you at the pool soon.

I understand that an old classmate of mine, Janet Riggs, coaches at Park Terrace and has done so for many seasons. Another classmate, Martha M. emialed me recently as my high school class is getting together for a reunion in late September and I have received some com from a few people.

No comments: