Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Good News

I will be back in the pool asap. It has been nice out here but it is getting close to the time to when I can begin my comeback. It has been a pretty rough season, but I will be able to put that behind and move forward again. I will be formulating a plan. I will continue to concentrate on the healing process and rehabilitation so I can approach the pool with a renewed vigor and attitude.
The post op visit went well this morning. The sutures were removed, and we looked at images of the procedure. I have a complete ruptured biceps head that happened way back on Feburary 18, 2005. It is a documented work related injury. I believe it was misdiagnosed as a biceps strain or something like that. The stump was smoothed off, a large bone spur that was irritating the rotator cuff was removed, the acromial process was burred down, and a bit of the clavicle was also burred away. There was some other clean up. There was also a capsular release that was performed, which involved an incision made in the capsule that encompasses the labrum to release the tension caused by it being too tight.
I did not see the doctor, but I saw the PA. She said that as soon as the incisions are completely healed, then I can go back in the water. She also said that I can return to work as soon as I feel I am able. I am giving myself 2 weeks, I released myself for full duty on August 14.

No comments: