Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Recovery and Rehabilitation

I think the shoulder procedure went well. I was a bit apprehensive, and I thought that there was more significant damage. I am releived, the pain is tolerable, andI started p/t today at Santa Rosa Memorial P/T. I just talked to Susan N. and she started her p/t yesterday at SR Back and Fitness. Susan told me that Pat at Back and Fitness was familiar with Tim B. too. I think that is where Schmidt was going to send me, but I wanted to go back to SRMPT. I know several of the therapists well because I worked with them before and after my back surgery. I had a different therapist today, Johnathan. I think Jeff told me he was going to do the evaluation today. He worked well with me.
The surgery basically took care of two common issues. The first issue was the type II curve of the acromiom, and he did a acromiomplasty, basically shaving down the bone and removing whatever bone spurs were present. The second issue involved releasing tension on the capsule itself by making tiny incisions on the capsule, I think. That is what the therapist told me. I have a follow up next Thursday, as well as 2 p/t sessions next week. I feel good, I just need to keep the reins pulled in so I don't cause reinjury.
I have done my home p/t twice today as well as a supervised session.

No comments: