Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I Miss You

Take a look at the arm/shoulder at the left, pretty huh. I am doing well, as you know the procedure was less involved than anticipated and that is leading to an easier and quicker rehabilitation/recovery. I did begin home p/t the day after the procedure and it has been progressing well. I was at the 2nd p/t appt yesterday and it wentwell. Heat, manipulation, some motion exercises and 5 minutes at the arm bike, then ice, and that was it. I have been to the pool a couple of times to say hi and see people.
The Ridgway Saturday morning swimmers had breakfast at Hermine's house after they swam. Great waffles, eggs, fruits, coffee, and Mimosas. We watched the replay of the Tour, the climb of Mt. Ventoux, Becky,Rex, Harry, Leslie, Hillary, Frank, Todd. I missed a few, where was Deb, she was swimming, and so was Dave.
I talked with Norm and his wife. Norn is going to have Dr. Schmidt do his shoulder, and maybe the other one later. Norm says that he may be in a sling for a while. I think there is a bunch of older stuff that needs to be dealt with.
I go to the post op appointment tomorrow and I think Cassandra may accompany me. I do not think that I will see Dr. Schmidt, I will probably see a PA, and I will report the findings.

Thank you FINA. Soon the suit issue will be over and all that will be left is damage control. We need to reign in guys like Rowdy Gaines, who seems to be pro tech suit. It has been fun but so much damage has been done to the sport, our true spokespeople like MP and Ryan and other great athletes are looking forward to 2010, when swimming will once again, be swimming.

No comments: