Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Importance of Logging Workouts

Read a tweet by Human Kinetics about the importance of keeping an accurate log of the workout routine this morning. I agree, it is important to track the fitness and skill level as we approach an event or goal. I should look to see if I logged my illnesses since I have relocated. I got hit with a cold this time. It is a pretty intense one as I need to relieve myself with sudafed, vicodin and celebrex. And lots of rest. I did a fair workout this morning and then hit the training room for an hour, 2 hours after the swim.

0615

300swim
200kick
200 im drill
100 sdk not completed

400 IM 90%
200 recovery
400 free 95% 6 minutes
200 recovery
8x50 from middle of pool with turn
200 warm down

2600 meters

Weight room

15 minutes shoulder warm up, standing and on foam roller
bench press
incline bench with dumbbells
lat pull downs

No comments: