Friday, November 16, 2012

POP!

That is a most disturbing sound.  I probably did not even hear the 'pop', but I sure felt like I heard it.  Fortunately I think it is just a little irritation, but I certainly strained it.  Right side, right in the middle of the front upper leg.  It happened during a lunge with a 10# medicine ball overhead.  Too aggro dude.  I also strained my left sacro-illiac region on the second to the last backstroke start.  We have been doing many block starts this season.  It is really a strong exercise.
1. Push out of the water onto the deck. This involves a smooth exit from the pool. 
2. Mount the starting block to ready position.
3. Reaction to start signal.
4. Execute a proper dive. 
5. Streamline body with hands together. 
6. Legs and feet together, toes pointed. 
7. Whole body follows hands into 'hole'. 5 feet deep is optimal.
8. Start swimming before slowing too much.

Monday

Tuesday
0622

 Felt ill.
Swam by myself in the morning.

Tuesday
1230
Regular workout

Wednesday

0615

800 mixer

Kick set

2x100
Time Trials
Backstroke
1:20.67
1:14.67

Best time ever!

1000 warm down

Thursday
Morning
Noon

Friday

Meet warm up

1000 extra ez

I have been doing a dry land training session regularly since October 15, when I returned from Walnut Creek.  I have been in the training room 3 days a week for a month.  NO accidents until today.  I should be stopping the legwork at this time according to some swimming literature I have read recently.  So it goes.  It is a psychological setback, I feel like I have let myself down.  I do not think it is too bad.  Time will tell, keep posted.



No comments: