Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Hello Professor

Talk in the dressing room centered around some football weather Cal at Oregon.  this guy, who happens to be a cardiology professor who just retired from Northwestern says he is going back to see the Ohio State Northwestern football game this weekend.  I asked him if he was an alumnus, and he said that he just retired from 40 years of teaching there. I mentioned Mark Fainaru, if he knew of him, journalism stuff.  I thought he might have been a journalism professor, but no, he taught medicine.  I asked him if he taught cardiology, and yes indeed he did.  I introduced myself, and I mentioned my event.  We talked about it, he asked me some stuff.  1. How fast was it?  2. Is it a coated stent?  3.  How did I present myself?  I answered appropriately.
He said to be careful with the coated stent, something about them falling out or clogging up.  Hmmm.
Also said that I survived because my heart has developed collateral vessels(in the myocardium, my words) due to all the swimming and stuff.

 Anyway, I got home from swimming and on Sportscenter, both Marc and Steve Fainaru are on talking to Bob Ley about a book coming out soon.  It is about the coverup about head injuries in the National Football League. 

Swimming

20 minute swim

Main set
5x50 free
60 sec
descend from 40
5x50 free
90 sec
34, 35, 34, 33, 35

Warm down
25s mindful, some back

1 hour walking
 1100-1200

30 minute bike
from home up to Orange Grove


No comments: