Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Swimming along the 101

Apparently all of my local swimming pools, which I call my home pools, are conveniently located within a mile or so of US highway 101 in Marin and Sonoma Counties. As I will be reporting from any one of the dozen or so along the stretch of 101 from Healdsburg to San Rafael, we will notice that there are a number of options for the avid masters swimmer in this part of the country. I am planning on making an effort to swim with the group that works out under the supervision of DeaAnn Joslin at the Petaluma High School pool. The workout is from 0530-0630 with ample time for a lengthy warm up, and plenty of time, if you have it, to swim down or continue your workout until 0700. I talked with DeaAnn and mentioned my goals of swimming QT for 200free and fly. That is my job this season. I plan to make an effort to swim at least 2 of the 3 morning workout sessions, as work scheduling allows. I will try to describe the workout as best I can, without the warm up or swim down.
8-50kick/fins 8kicks on side, 8streamline/8 on side
5-100, swim 75, 10rest,25sprint
10-50free, 60
8-50fly/free, free, 55
6-50fly/free,50
4-50 ?, 45
2-50fly, 40
100easy
2-200 hypoxic drill

DOMS set in yesterday from the double circuit monday. I tried some light plyometric exercises at Y in early evening .

No comments: