Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Crash and Bleed Week

That is how we are supposed to finish at the wall, BAM!  Swimming is an inherently dangerous sport/activity.  Please be careful and watch out for the other guy.  Last week started with a bang. 

September 17, Monday
I finished a repetition at the wall with a hard touch and I nicked my finger on a piece of steel.  Apparently, this piece of steel is welded over a drain vent near the surface of the gutter, and I touched the wall/edge/corner of this piece hard and sliced my fingertip.  That was the end of swimming for the day and I stayed out of the water on Tuesday and Wednesday too.  I did ride the bike on
Tuesday and Wednesday I ran barefoot about a mile on the sand .  I found a package of finger condoms(cots) and I was back in the water Thursday morning. 


September 20, Thursday
Completed workout


September 21, Friday
North Bay Aquatics
Complete workout with Ken DeMont
College of Marin pool is really a lousy pool.  Narrow lanes, shallow with lots of turbulence, especially at the walls.


September 22, Saturday
MJCC
Swim before the meet.


September 23 Sunday
Alan Liu Memorial SCM
Mountain View Masters


200 free 2:34.31
50 free   30.30
100 free 1:07.91


September 24, Monday
No Swim Day


September 25, Tuesday

Rose Bowl Aquatic Center Long Course, HOME pool!


1500 meter swim <25 minutes="minutes" p="p">5x200 stroke work including butterfly but no breaststroke
100 warm down


2600 meters




September 26, Wednesday
Back with the workout pod, thank you.
0618
4x200s/p/k/stroke, 16 minutes

3x(descend, hold ascend)
4x50 kick on 1:10 no fins
100 kick for time, no fins

4x200 warm down on 3:30

2300 assigned, completed yards

No comments: