Sunday, September 16, 2012

Hermosa Beach Board Shorts 1 Mile Swim

The swim was very low keyed.  John Coughlin, the amputee from last years Maui Channel Swim was there as were about 40-50 other swimmers.  We all wore matching board shorts, Navy Blue, to make a statement.  It did not present any problems swimming in them and the conditions were very good.  The water was very pleasant, say 69-71 and the surf zone was not too rough.  There was no negotiable current, but the bouys were small and not easy to spot.  I should see if there are any results, nor did I did not ask for my time or place overall.

It became unbearably hot when I arrived home at noon.  I relaxed for an hour before heading to the bike festival at the LA Historical Park.  I got a bit of heat exhaustion.  The folks in charge of the volunteers saw that I was a bit woozy, as they thought I may have had too much to drink.  Alas, I was very hot, and no doubt looked poorly.  They told me that they did not need my help and maybe I should seek first aid and cold compresses.  I went straight home, although I had to ride my bike back to my car. 

I actually was fairly full of fluid when I rested for almost 3 hours under the a/c.  Heat sickness was my self diagnosis.

Sunday I am not swimming.  A physical day away from the water.

Back to swim training tomorrow.

No comments: