Thursday, September 27, 2012

? Workout Ends At 0706 ?

What. I am sure it is my fault.  We swam a typical warm up, that is a 2/2/2, 600 meters, then went right into

10x100 on 1:45

That was it.  0705 and we were told that we could go to the hot tub or do

400 warm down.
Instead, I swam
10x100 free/stroke
including butterfly.

I swim butterfly at the end of my workout.  I have had plenty of time to have warmed up. I concentrate better if I am not concerned with mechanical/physical issues.  

I am getting into a very special book that I received from swim2000.com published by Human KineticsThe Mental Athlete, by Kay Porter, looks to be a positive, affirming, reenforcing, publication based on science, research including interviews with influential positive athletes throughout the sports world.

I see some strong parallels in my recent behavior that mirror several of the ideas and basic lessons being used to access the inner athlete in me. 

1.  I am participating in a structured and focused group.
     I joined a workout group with dedicated teammates, and a dedicated coaching staff.
     I have never been in this situation since high school. 
     Not true, what about Spring, 2009?  I did consider DeaAnn my coach and I made most of the run
      of workouts for about a month, doesn't look like this bit of training can be considered for the time.

2. This is my team.  I will equate the process of encouraging, being encouraged, and enjoying working hard towards a common goal.  That goal may be equated to exact times, distances, personal improvement, and elite competition placement.  Our goals may be individual but the process and effort is as a team. 

3.  I wrote some goals and objectives for the SCM season, 2012 before I ever got the book.  The book says to write stuff, like a journal.  Like I do for workout, do for mental training.  Okay.

No comments: