Friday, September 7, 2012

SO BORED

Perhaps if I try hard I could remember yesterdays workout, alas I will not press the issue.  Too tired.  I was also impressed by the article I found in LA Observed this morning.  It presents a baby great white shark that was hooked from the pier at Manhattan Beach on Tuesday.  Uh, I swam the bouys at Lifeguard Training HQ yesterday.  I also watched the small pod of dolphins swimming inside the bouys.

Friday

0620

400 swim
100 kick
100 swim
200IM
200ez
300 kick
100 sprint(squint) 1:24
400 IM


8x50 kick on 1:20
1-4 5 seconds faster
5-8 5 seconds slower

200 warm down

2400 meters

There was not much effort today as I am exhausted from swimming.

Monday, Labor Day Oceanside 1 mile Pier Swim.  This was a very challenging swim, especially getting out into the open water, past the break and strong cross current.
Tuesday, workout and 1500 kicking in early afternoon
Wednesday, workout and 1500 kicking in early afternoon
Thursday, darn it, I forgot what we did and 1 lap at Tower 26, MB
Friday, workout, nap after

Saturday I will be traveling to San Diego hoping to get an entry into my first La Jolla Rough Water Swim.  Unfortunately I only learned of the swim after entries had been closed.  There is a possibility that I may deck enter, but only tomorrow/Saturday, from 0900-1200, and only if the event has not reached the limit of swimmers allowed.  I think that is 650, and I already have a room. 

Perish the thought, what if I do not get entered and swim unofficially?  I have never done that. 

No comments: