Thursday, January 9, 2014

Today Was Not A No Swim Day

I tried to make it a no swim day this morning.  But I did want to swim because I did weight training yesterday.  So he it goes.  I like to do the USRPT.  I achieved 'training effect' this morning.  Perhaps in combination with the weights.  Weights consisted of 10 minutes of 3# shoulder maintenance and 12 minutes of 15# of straight multiple movement dumbbells.

0625

No kicking

15 minutes swimming

10 more minutes of faster swimming including backstroke.  Feeling the water, gliding, stretching it out, counting strokes on my backstroke(15 typically)

2x100 1 arm butterfly swimming

10x25 butterfly
USRPT
16 seconds
40 second takeoff
fails 4, 8

2 minutes rest

10x15 butterfly
USRPT
no breather
sprint hard
40 second takeoff
fails 4,7,10

15 minute cool down

No comments: