Thursday, April 23, 2009

No Water Day

I usually do not post on a day that I don't swim, but I thought it would be okay to post today. I hope to do a weight session today, I like to lift in the late afternoon, right before dinner. I cannot swim on the second day of a set because we work a 48 hour shift. This day is always scheduled as a rest/recovery day, except I usually do some dry land, either weights or I walk on the treadmill. I looked at the psyche sheets again and there are not many of swimmers from the east coming to USMS Nationals this year. the YMCA Nationals appeared to be well attended by the east coast swimmers. I think if I had to choose between Fort Lauderdale and Clovis, and I lived east of the Mississippi, I would probably join a Y, if I wasn't already a member, and go to Florida.
I shall start my tapering soon. I will swim 5 days in a row starting tomorrow, and I think my last workout before the taper will be Monday at PHS. I will seek coaching knowledge and advice from DeaAnn, she knows a thing or three.
I got a in a weight session this afternoon when I was preparing the evening meal at work. I used some heavier weight, but the bench seemed a bit heavy. I also did the treadmill this morning and I walked fast for 2.10 miles, setting a standard for 30 minutes. I am thinking that I only have two or maybe only one dry land session before tapering for nationals.

No comments: