Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Two for One Post and PMS SCYChamps

I return again with the workouts from the previous day and today, this morning at PHS. I think I took it easy today, but I am really fatigued after workout. Since I came home instead of going to work, I stayed as long as I wanted. The last set would have been a better fit in the middle of the workout, but I was too tired to go the full set.
Wednesday at PHS
500warm up

3 times
3x100 kick on back with fins
1.arms at 45, 90, 135, 180
2.arms behind back, clasped
3.streamline

4x500, broken, IM order,
100stroke
2x50free, ez
100stroke
2x50free, ez
100stroke
last set stroke is IM
100ez
2x50ez
3500yards

Tuesday I swam at Ridgway and the water was 77.9*, but it felt okay.
500 choice warm up
500 kick, choice w/breast kick and breast kick on back
5x200free build, 10 seconds rest
5x200IM, free/stroke
10x25 kick with board
3250yards, roughly
I talked with the SRM coach, Hermine about the meet this weekend.

The Pacific Masters Swimming Championships are being held this weekend at the swim complex in Pleasanton. I hear that there are 781 entrants this year. This is a very big meet, with the Nationals coming to Northern California in three weeks. I see that there are just under 1600 entrants at Nationals. I am looking forward to a nice warm weekend. I am going to take tomorrow off, I shouldn't even go by the pool in the morning, but I probably will. The YMCA Nationals are this weekend. I heard that some swimmers from the East are going to swim the Y meet as their Nationals instead of coming to Clovis. Many really good Masters swimmers in the East and South affiliate with YMCA. Sarasota Florida YMCA has a really large and very good Masters swimming program, as well as being the new home of USMS.

It appears that the NEM SCY meet last month had 858 swimmers at the meet. Apparently, they were supposed to limit entries to 750 participants, that was a large meet.

No comments: