Monday, January 16, 2012

Swimming With A Cold

I noticed the ill effects creeping on me late Friday/early Saturday. And then it became real on Saturday after workout. I am trying to bomb it with Emergen-C and some echinachea stuff. I need to take the echinachea at the very first feeling of the cold, soooo....
This morning I felt well enough to swim. Pretty good. During wall time towards the end of the session, I did mention that I was feeling better than earlier as I was dealing with a cold. Coach Chad then told me to back off and get out. We talked about swimming when under the weather.

Warm up
300swim
300pull
300drill

4 times through, on 2 minutes
100 stroke
100IM
100free

or
3 times through on 2 minutes
4x100 stroke
4x100 IM
4x100 free

I think we were supposed to do the 4x but I noticed others doing the other matrix so after 2 100 flys I fell in line with the other swimmers and did the rest of the set with them, finishing with 3 IMs and 4 100 frees

Then I mentioned the cold and Chad told me to back off. While others did a 200 afap, I only did 100 free and a warm down.

2300 meters

No comments: