Saturday, May 23, 2009

Friday Workout

News from the shoulder side of things. My appointment with the shoulder doc, Dr. Eric Schmidt, was Friday, moved up from June 8. I brought him the CD of the MRI as well as the preliminary findings from the radiologist. He took a couple of quick images of my shoulder with his own device, is that a ct scan or xray machine in the exam room. He then explained to me what he sees as the problem, and it has very little to do with the findings on the MRI. I received a cortisone injection at the office, with the understanding that if the problem does not go away by the next time I see him, in three weeks, we will approach plan B, which will be arthroscopic surgery.

I also went to PT after I swam at Finley. I swam without any problem, even if I did swim easy for 2000 yards. I then put the fins on and kicked for another 500 yards. I am going to Ridgway this morning to swim with the gang. I am testing my shoulder today. It still feels like there is a twinge, but I have not done anything to really stress the shoulder, yet.

No comments: