Monday, May 11, 2009

Post for the Post Nationals Blues

Whew, what a weekend. We missed a bunch of the folks from the East, I still think that a bunch of them went to the Y meet in Ft. Lauderdale in April. It was a real good meet anyway. I am really tired, fatigued in a way, spent emotionally, but not really. I really did not have that emotional experience this season. I think that I can attribute my under performance to a sub par season and of course the dramatic setback that occured on April 29, pulling the dummy along the floor and through the wall that we had breached. It didn't take much. I really backed off during the taper. I could not really give any %100 efforts during taper. I was tentative with any butterfly that I did swim, and from the first stroke of the first event of the meet, I knew that I was injured. I did scratch myself from the 100 fly on Saturday, hoping to salvage the rest of the meet, which I did. I swam my 50 and 100 free in the old style fastskin, and when I measured the suit next to the b70, I looks like the b70 is about a full inch wider at the leg opening.

No comments: