Sunday, May 3, 2009

Staying on Track

I need to take a sick day from swimming due to the impingement of the right corocoid process of the clavicle. I am still debating whether to go to Ridgway to do a quick kick set and acclimate to my b70, which I can not return, but will be able to get a $160 credit when the new generation of suits are deemed acceptable to wear. Is this a responsible gesture on the part of the Blueseventy? Have they had a feeling that adverse actions might be implemented in the next round of the technical competition swimsuit issues? It is an issue with all swimmers.
There are several questions that I need to ask myself and the swimming community.
Do I stay true to the pureness of the sport?
Will I be left behind at the blocks?
Am I compromising my ethical stance on the use of devices and equipment in swimming competition?
Does compression swim wear act as a prosthetic device?
It offers older swimmers much needed support in their lower back, hips, knees and other regions of their body, reducing pain and improving flexibility.
Perhaps this observation of the compression effect that all the technical suits offer is indeed to be tolerated in masters competition. The main controversy in my opinion is the buoyancy factors in the fabric/materials used in the manufacturing.

No comments: