Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I Went Swimming

But first I went to Spine and Sport, the physical therapy outfit. I had an 0800, and we went over the problem. I showed up with the preliminary MRI findings, and told Pat that I am going to see the shoulder doc. I got a call from the worker comp adjuster, Elena, and she told me that she has approved the referral to Doctor Eric Schmidt and that she was going to call his office and tell them. I hope to hear from them soon.

Yeah, I got back in the pool today. I swam an easy 1000, then kicked on my back with fins for 500. Then another 250 swim, and then I did a little test on the wing. I tried some easy wind sprints,25 frees on 30, progressing to 16 at #8 then,on my easy lap back to the other side, I felt it, the pinch in the clavicle region, yeah that one. I did about 250 breast easy then got out.

I shall try the same routine tomorrow in the early morning, at 0600 at Finley. I am a bit out of shape. 9 full days out of the pool, away from the gym, no walking, or other aerobic exercise either.

The last I heard, the Blueseventy nero swimskin was not given the approval for competition. FINA came out with the list of approved swimskins, and out of over 200 suits submitted for rating, only about 10 or so did not meet the standards that the governing body of swimming has recently adopted. We are all anticipating the backlash and disappointment that this ruling will cause.

No comments: